Chapel in a greek cross, was created by the community for public vote in 1657 for going free from the contagion of the plague that raged in the nearby Genovese.
It was enlarged in 1758 when it was built the altar of St. Rocco in place of the chapel dedicated to the saint and landed from weather and moisture.
In 1799, during the retreat of the French troops who had reduced it to a stock-military depot, it was heavily damaged; It was restored in 1804 and in 1816.
In the nineteenth century the town, patron of the Chapel, destined it several times to profane use or to extract the number of lever or to the distribution of prizes or as accommodation for soldiers passing through.
"The country is outraged, the Provost Don Peppino wrote, because the Chapel could fairly be called Sanctuary for the great devotion with which the country and every class of people rushes to the same".
By resolution of January 27, 1896 the City Council decided to direct it only to the exercise of worship.
Yet in 1920 he tried to turn it into a telephonic place and military barracks, but for the intervention of the ecclesiastical authority the danger was reversed.
The Chapel suffered serious damage during the last war, especially when by the Germans on the run the bridge was blown up; it was restored by the parish priest Don Denina; in it is buried Card. Antonio Riberi, illustrious son of Limone.
Already existed in 1614: Francesca Morena with act of April 20, 1670 tied it to a Mass, another Mass left with act of 19 March 1671 Stefano Morena, husband of that Francesca; they both confirmed the legacy with will.
Has a valuable painting of the famous Beaumont, "The Baptism of Jesus."
It was erected by John Chianea with his will on Nov. 15, 1674 rog. Cyril with patronage right to the Brotherhood of Saint Sebastian.
Already existed in 1674, demolished by the war in the years 1793 to 1800, the reconstruction began on 27 July 1827 by the master builder Giuseppe Boffa was Giovan Battista; it had other restorations in 1835 during the cholera morbus. Demolished for the passage of the railway Limone-Tenda, it was built a few meters away from the primitive distance near the 1890s. Preserves the statue of the saint in his clothes of soldier of the legion tebaica during the days of ancient Rome.
Devotion to St. Second is very much alive especially among the experts of the field, which is due to the reconstruction of the Chapel on the site where it is now.
A constant tradition has it that St. Second, escaping the wrath of the persecutors, has stood on the site of the old chapel that was demolished for the passage of the railroad and later, going on Boaria, went to Ventimiglia where he was martyred .
The devotion to this Holy in Limone is very old and in a note of rough draft Marro found recorded at May 13, 1472 an altar in the parish dedicated to St. Anna and St. Lucia.
The chapel in the valley of the same name is more recent and was built in 1754 by the piety of the locals; it fell into ruin and was rebuilt as it is today in 1864.
Brown narrates in his memoirs that during the contagion of 1585 inhabitants in the valley of Boglia (Viale) took refuge in a cave in the woods called Pironella and four of them were saved including Luigi Viale that, "already caught it in a leg from evil above it hid in the hay then cool place on the barn and the fomentation of buglio with the intercession of the Virgin Mary in which he recommended made it to safety. So mindful of his promise to the Blessed Virgin he erected a Piglione representative of Lady of Loreto, then gradually became a Chapel also known as the Madonna of Mercy".
The story is inaccurate, it is in fact the plague of 1630 and the person concerned was Maurice Avenue was Peter, who "for it is from this pestilent been badly preserved and therefore has to then had in mind to make due thanks to His Divine Majesty of grace made to him, this good disposition continuing even now, wanting to write public consti perpetually execution of its goodwill and thanksgiving that has done and is doing to SD Majesty ", with act on Sept. 12, 1633 was an ecclesiastical benefit in the chapel with patronage right to next and elder relative, linking to this end three days of lawn with the burden of the celebration of 12 Masses in the chapel in festive day and two weekly Masses at the altar of the rosary in the parish.
Later that same with acts of November 29, 1673 and September 4, 1677 left it dependent to the children Peter and Spirito and the maintenance of the Chapel, the supply of oil to the lamp on Saturdays and Sundays, holy days of first-class and precept of Madonna, mortgaging an island of land.
The Chapel went deteriorating and because of the time it was never restored due to the war because in 1791 it began to serve as a guardhouse to the troops until it was dismantled in 1813 by the owners. The inhabitants of the two valleys neighbors offered to rebuild it at their expense as long as patrons assign their rights, but there they refused.
The chapel was rebuilt by villagers of Ceresole in 1846 and blessed by the parish priest Don Bergia, the bell tower was erected in 1878.
Don Gio. Antonio Avenue was hit by ecclesiastical benefice with the title of Prior from 1791 until his death.
Dedicated to St Bernard of Menton, the apostle-patron of the Alps, it already existed in 1672.
Destroyed in 1754 by the avalanche, it was quickly rebuilt; taken away again by the avalanche on Nov. 6, 1773, it was rebuilt in 1826 in a more secure site not far from the first, but under the name of St. Bernard of Clairvaux which is celebrated on August 20.
Devotion to St. Pancras probably came from Ventimiglia or Lantosca where the cult to the saint and his relics dating back at least to 1520, when miraculous healings occurred, as recounted Fr. Giovanni Giacomo Turinetto from Turin in place November 21, 1588.
The Chapel at the Saint was erected in Limone in 1525; in 1631 he had the burden of various masses.
Abandoned by the distance from the village, it was rebuilt in the old cemetery near the parish church, but in 1726 was demolished to make way for the sacristy and rebuilt at Panice. It is celebrated on May 2.
The devotion to St. Maurice dates from the sixteenth century at least: a special chapter of the Statutes fixed to September 22, the feast of the saint, the appointment of councilors. It does not appear when it was built the Chapel of the "Palms" in Castello; in the act 9 and 10 July 1567 is not talked about yet; then it is likely that it was built in the late sixteenth or early seventeenth century when the Baldessano wrote the story of the Theban Legion (1604).
The first document that mention it is the will of Sebastian Dalmasso was Stefano that in April 16, 1643 tied two Masses a year, seven other Masses will left by his will on Oct. 20, 1717 Giorgio Dalmasso, son of Sebastian.
In the pastoral visit of 1743 the patronage is said to be of the family Dalmasso.
Demolished in 1784, it was built where it now stands in 1833 by locals and blessed on September 22 by the provost Don Bergia.
The Chapel, cleaned up, has become the Shrine of the Alpine war dead.
The Chapel of St. Caterina v. and m.
We know about it in an act July 11, 1567 and was located on the old road to Colle of Tenda, in the colony of the railroad. Profaned, but not destroyed by the war, in 1819 it was reduced to a storeroom of straw; it was demolished to make way for the railroad Cuneo-Nice.
The Chapel of St. Francesco of Assisi and Carlo Borromeo
Located at the cemetery, it was own by the family Ceva: Francesco Ceva with testament 3 May 1664 had tied 24 Messe year. It was overwhelmed by the avalanche on the night of 11 December 1784.
The Chapel of St. Rocco
It stood next to the Capuchin Monastery and was probably built during the plague of 1630.
It served for a time as an oratory for the Humuliated then passed to the Brotherhood of St. Sebastian; it was demolished by the weather in the first half of the eighteenth century and in its place was built the same altar in the Chapel of St. Anthony of Padua.
The Chapel of St. Caterina v. and m.
It stood near the Colle of Tenda and, according to Casalis, was built back in 1327; however, it is already mentioned in the records of the visit of Mons. Scarampi (1583).
In the visit of Mons. Panigarola (1588) it is ordered that the Chapel reduced to use for the stable is closed and was build a building-shelter for travelers, as it really was performed.
He owned the property sold to Captain George Marco Castagna of Tenda to 50 ducats and the obligation to use 4 for its maintenance.
It was owned by the town that had chosen San Lorenzo as patron saint and it was celebrating the feast on August 10. It was demolished by the war at the end of the eighteenth century.
The Chapel of St. Salvatore
It was placed on the rock of St. Saviour and served in the summer for the shepherds; apparently it had also Mass obligations; It was destroyed during military operations in the late eighteenth century.